- This event has passed.
A11y Lightning Group Series (December 2021)
December 9, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm EST
A11y Lightning Group, hosted by Tamman Inc., is a space for professionals in the digital accessibility space to share ideas, information, projects, information, & network. This is not a meetup for people looking to learn more about digital accessibility. This is a fully participatory group where everyone shares their opinions and expertise. If you are new to accessibility, you are welcome to come, but you may also want to check out our friends and colleagues at A11Y PHL as a great place to start.
This month’s topic is “Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable”. Our current lineup of speakers includes:
- Sam Kelly, Creative Strategist
- Nate Stauffer, English Teacher
- Kristen Witucki, Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired
How Our Lightning Group Works:
- Lightning talks are 5-minute(ish) “rapid-fire” presentation on an accessibility topic of your choosing
- Slides are encouraged, but not required (we’re all busy, so informal is fine!)
- We love to know ahead of time, but folks can sign up to give a talk on the night of the event – we always try to leave space for more
- If we have no presenters ahead of time, we switch to format 2 – a fully participatory Q&A on all things A11y! – Everyone becomes a presenter!
Q&A for Presenters:
- Speakers who are long-winded will get cut off after a notification around the 6:30-ish mark…we’re actually quite nice about it
- Slides and screenshots are welcome, but not necessary*
Note for Attendees:
- Please plan to participate and share. We are a very active meetup in the chat
- If you are inspired to talk – even at the last minute – we will always try to make some room for you
- Bring an open heart and an open mind – this is a space of learning and growth for all of us
- The topic is serious, but we often get silly.
- Can’t make it right on time? No problem, we’re casual. Join when you can.
- Please note that these sessions will be recorded
*If you are sharing a project from your employer or client, be mindful and don’t share anything confidential. The event is recorded and available post-event.